Here is a look at some of the incredible milestones in our journey to become the Seminis® seed supplier you know and recognize today.
Seminis Vegetable Seeds, Inc. purchases De Ruiter and Peotec Seeds S.R.L.
Seminis Inc. (DE) is merged into Seminis Vegetable Seeds, Inc. Seminis Vegetable Seeds, Inc. purchases Poloni Semences and Western Seed.
Monsanto Company purchases Seminis, Inc.
Monsanto Company purchases Asgrow Seed Company from Seminis, Inc. Seminis, Inc. retains Asgrow Seed Company’s vegetable seed business.
Petoseed Co., Inc. changes its name to Seminis Vegetable Seeds, Inc.
Seminis, Inc. is founded by the merger of the vegetable division of Asgrow Seed Co. (owned by ELM), Petoseed Co. Inc. (owned by Geo J. Ball) and Royal Sluis (owned by Geo J. Ball). Savia SA. de C.V. (formerly known as Empresas la Moderna, S.A. or “ELM”) owns 60% of Seminis Inc. Geo J. Ball owns the other 40% of Seminis.
Seminis, Inc. is incorporated in Delaware in 1994.
Associated Seed Growers, Inc. changes its name to Asgrow Seed Co. Petoseed’s head offices are established in Saticoy, California in 1958.
Asgrow purchases F.H. Woodruff & Sons Seed Company and accounts for 5 million acres of plantings in 18 states.
Everett B. Clark Seed Co. is merged with two other seed companies N.B. Keeney & Sons (est. 1860) and John H. Allen Seed Company (est. 1856) to form Associated Seed Growers, Inc. (also known as “Asgrow”).
Everett B. Clark Seed Co. is incorporated and headquartered in Orange, Connecticut.
Royal Sluis, a Dutch company is founded.